Hi, I'm Silvie Falschlunger
I’m here to listen.
I am here to help you discover what you feel,
not to make your feelings go away.
I am here to help you identify your options,
not to tell you what to do.
I am here to discuss steps with you,
not to take steps for you.
I am here to help you discover your own strength,
not to rescue you and leave you vulnerable.
I am here to encourage you to choose,
not to make it unnecessary for you to make difficult choices.
I am here to provide support during what will most
likely be the most memorable experience in your lifetime!
Pregnancy, birth & transitioning into motherhood are potent times, as we change archetype from maiden to mother. My goal is to nurture & educate you & your family according to your needs & wishes. Here are some orientation points:
Prenatal Visit #1
Optimize your pregnancy, prepare for your birth vision.
(as soon as you decide to team up with me to welcome your baby)
- cultivate a mindfulness attitude to nourish the intimate interplay between body-mind & mother-baby
- build a team spirit with your partner & your birthing team
- build YOUR everyday routine to optimize your pregnancy & birth with nutrition. alignment & exercise
- prepare to go ‘inward’, be focused, relaxed & centered; calm your nervous system
- find your strength & know your fears to prepare for the intensity of labor
- be educated according to your circumstances to know your options
- resources for additional professional support (varied body-work modalities, lactation support etc.)
- learn body-practices like progressive relaxation & explore visualizations like ‘my safe place’
Prenatal Visit #2
Setting the stage for a positive birth experience.
(at 37 weeks or earlier if circumstances demand)
- ‘rehearse the birth’ – play birth scenarios to ease into labor,get clear on evidence based birth practices
- support for the birth partner, clarify roles & nourish relationships for a ‘big team spirit’
- logistics for the ‘big day’ including nutritional input
- foot rub & acupressure point massage for grounding, relaxation & alignment
- prepare for the first hour, first day, first week once your baby arrived
At Your Birth
- build an environment for ’undisturbed birthing’
- build team spirit
- support labor progression
- provide comfort measures
- support staying connected with your body & baby & initiate breastfeeding (if wished so)
- support your transition & recovery
Postpartum Visit #1
Meeting at ‘the other side’.
(on day 2 or 3 after your birth)
- to process your birth, find language & allow to keep your story open & fluid
- support your healing & recovery (rest, be well nourished, body-work for recovery)
- support warm connection with your baby (& check what could hinder it)
- troubleshoot any breastfeeding &/or soothing issues with your baby
- support your relationship with your partner & your family
Postpartum Visit #2
Find your new routines.
(once your baby’s umbilical cord falls off – usually day 4-10)
- foot rub for mom for grounding & relaxation
- baby massage, first tummy time & introduction to developmental movement patterns for optimal
development & enhanced connecting
- further networking